RUMMY GAME VARIATIONS
Apart from the well known Gin Rummy and German Rummy there are also many other varieties of this up and coming game. Here we will introduce you the most most popular variations of rummy that online casinos now offer.
To add to the confusion some varieties of rummy have more than one name but we try to list everything here so if you come across these names while browsing online casinos then you know the game belongs to the rummy family and which ones refer to the same game. The following list has been created so you can distinguish which of the rummy names you frequently hear being used actually refer to the same rummy variations. Many people get confused and don't understand which versions they are actually playing so the following list we hope will clear up some of the confusion surrounding this game and its many many variations.
- 500 rum is also known as Pinochle Rummy and Michigan Rummy
- Canasta was originally called Samba Canasta it also goes by the names: Uruguay Canasta, Bolivia Canasta, Brazilian Canasta, Chilean Canasta and Cuban Canasta.
- Carrousel is sometimes referred to as American robber Rummy
- Combination Rummy also goes by the name Liverpool Rummy
- Conquian. One of the oldest rummy games still going, it is also called Can Coon or Coon King Rummy.
- Contract Rummy also goes by the following names: King Rummy, Liverpool Rummy, Hollywood Rummy, Shanghai Rummy and Zioncheck.
- Gin Rummy is also known as Oklahoma Gin and Hollywood Gin Gin
- Persian Rummy sometimes go by the name partner Rummy
- Rami is also called French Rummy
- Tonk is sometimes referred to as Tunk
Kalooki Rummy Tutorial 01 September 2009View all articles